|Job Type||TBD – envisaged up to 2 days a week|
|Remuneration Scheme||Market standard|
|Office Location||Amersfoort (The Netherlands)|
|Application deadline||Thursday 13th of December|
About Paper on the Rocks
An activist stationery company that smashes a wasteful industry to pulp and then makes great things out of it – that’s us! Why are we doing this? Well for one, we like a good challenge. And speaking of challenges…
The paper industry is one of the biggest polluters in the world. Grinding down forests and swallowing unimaginable amounts of water, oh and don’t forget the tons of CO² emissions added to the mix. Needless to say it is in all our best interest to explore alternatives. Luckily, great alternatives are up for grabs.
Secondly, we are passionate about anything paper related. Writing, drawing, doodling, coloring… You name it, we love it. Producing paper products designed with an eye for detail, with that elusive book smell, touch and feel.
To give our clients the best notebook experience humanly possible we’ve wrapped up all of the above in one solid solution. But that’s not all. We donate our time, services and at least 5% of your purchases to reforestation efforts and natural reserve protection initiatives. We don’t just ‘make’ products, we aim to improve an industry.
In order to further catalyze our impact we are currently looking for a hands-on business controller who can help us further expand and professionalize our organization.
We are looking for a hands-on business controller. The business controller works together with the team at Paper on the Rocks to create a positive change in the paper industry. This position is essential in scaling up the business to become a key player in the stationery industry.
We work in a small team to accomplish big things. Flexibility and a hands-on mentality are key for all team members. You will drive growth by acting as a financial steward. You will provide insights and key financial and operational performance metrics to relevant stakeholders.
Your Activities and Accountabilities
- Design and execute a regular financial analysis, manage and identifying financial risks, forecasting;
- Support sales and operational team members in relevant processes and sales forecasting;
- Analyze overall performance of the company;
- Operate as a prepared discussion partner to management on plans, projects, investments, ensuring adequate attention to P&L, CF, BS, Capex and risk items in decision making;
- Support management in the implementation of a long term financing strategy.
- Analytical and enthusiastic financial professional with an entrepreneurial spirit;
- You are hands-on, take initiative and can spot opportunities;
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in spoken and written Dutch and English;
- Minimum 3years working experience, ideally with experience in a start-up environment;
- You have strong quantitative abilities and financial modeling experience;
- You feel a strong intrinsic connection with our mission at Paper on the Rocks;
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Enjoy being supportive to team and handle a diverse range of tasks;
- You can innovate and develop creative financial solutions;
- You have the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic and high-pressure environment.
Is this you?
Then we would like to hear from you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Business Controller’ in the subject title and add both a CV and motivation letter. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until December the 13th 2018.